FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Sunday, August 23, 2009

2 of my favorites - BFF'S & FROZEN YOGURT!!


This weekend was so much fun:) My college BFF, Caroline came for a visit! She is such a sweet & fun friend. My husband and I have an obsession with giving our friends silly nicknames. Caroline has several- Carol, Party, and Clownfish. It was such a treat to hang out with Clownfish this weekend, and her visit couldn't have come at a better time. My hubby has been gone for about a week. Today he's in Wake Island and will be leaving for Japan this evening. He has been sending me pictures (via text) of the most beautiful beaches, and is enjoying the gorgeous scenery that is surrounding him! I need to hide in his suit case next time he leaves for an amazing tropical island!
I was so thankful that I did not have to spend a weekend by myself. Carol and I talked and talked and talked ...I won't be surprised if I wake up tomorrow to discover that I lost my voice. On a side note- The first weekend Nator (my hubby) and I met we stayed up til 4 in the morning talking, and he lost his voice! It was awesome. Clownfish and I also had the best time walking around downtown Philly and checking out all the historical sites. We ate lunch at the Reading Terminal Market which is a HUGE farmers market with every type of food imaginable. We had to take a few laps before deciding what to order. After leaving Philadelphia we decided to try this new yogurt shop. This new yogurt shop, Sprinkles, is pretty much the ultimate way to experience frozen yogurt. It's self serve with about 15 flavors choices. You can mix as many yogurt flavors and toppings as you want. I was in munchy heaven...everyone knows I could live off frozen yogurt! They just weigh it all at the end and charge you based on the weight. Well...Let's just say that I got a little Outta Control! My cup was pretty much over-flowing with about 6 different flavors 2 toppings and some chocolate fudge. It was spilling all over me(typical). One thing my grandpa used to say to me is "You can dress her up, but you can't take her town". I always know how to spill things on myself! When the guy rang me up I couldn't believe that I was spending $8 dollars on yogurt just for me! It must have weighed about a pound. This whole buffet style, money making, get you fat fast yogurt scheme might just be dangerous for us yogurt fanatics....but it was soo good. And everyone deserves a little treat. I can't wait for my Nator to try it out!! He should be home in about a week. YAY!! Hope you are ready to try it next weekend, Mama Gator.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds dangerously delicious!!!!!!! Munchy heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you had such a fun time :) oh and we totally need to go to the yogurt place too!! we need another girls date this week if you are free? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete