FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Thankful!

Finally, I have decided to let everyone know what’s going on in my life and in my head!!
Friends have asked me why I don’t have a blog, and my usual response is "my life is just not that exciting". So, I have decided to spice up life a little by blogging about it.

This past weekend the Lord taught me so much about his impeccable timing and his kindness & thoughtfulness towards me. He truly does care about every little detail. My journey started when I arrived in College Station last Thursday to celebrate my baby brother, Zack graduating from College. My itty bitty baby brother was never supposed to grow up….tear tear. Zack if you are reading this, I am so proud of you. You have grown up to be such a Stud!! My husband, Steve, stayed in New Jersey because he had to work. At the last minute he was put on the schedule for a 2 week trip to Hawaii & Japan that would be taking off on Saturday while I was in College Station. For those who don’t know, my husband is a pilot for the air force and flies a big air-to-air tanker...more on my husbands plane sometime later. I was excited to be with family and see my brother graduate, but I was also torn because I wish my husband could have been with all of us. Throughout the trip a piece of my heart was heavy because I was not spending time with Steve before he left on his trip. My flight out of Houston was scheduled arrive back to New Jersey on Sunday at 10:00p.m. I decided to change my flight to an earlier one, so that my parents who would be driving me to the airport on their way home to McAllen (a 6 hour drive) could get an earlier start on their return home. The change would also allow me to get some rest and unpack before a full week of work. I had to wait until Sunday Morning before my flight to see if they had any openings. When I called Steve on Saturday I discovered that his take off time would be delayed until Sunday Morning.


So, on Sunday morning I woke up early and called the airport and had no problem changing to an earlier flight. My new arrival time would be 4:30 pm. When I called Steve, I discovered he was once again delayed, and now scheduled to leave early on Monday morning. I was sooo soo happy & thankful!! The Lord was giving me a whole evening to enjoy with my husband. When my plane landed that afternoon, I was overjoyed to see my HOT & AMAZING husband there to greet me at the airport and we enjoyed a wonderful evening together before he left for his trip! This was all truly a gift from the Lord, and a reminder to me that He loves to take care of every little aspect of my life!!

Ooops.. I forgot to mention I had the best time while I was in College Station. It was so great to spend time with my family, see Zack graduate, enjoy Megan and Ranger’s beautiful new home, and eat yummy munchies. I seriously have the best family ever! Love y’all :)



Happy Aniversary Mama-Gator & PJ!!
One more thing, My parents are pretty incredible. They just celebrated their 33rd aniversary this past weekend! Love you & thanks for showing me what it means to love unconditionally:)



2 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! This is the cutest blog site I have ever seen. You are a great lil blogger...Thanks for setting me up...can't wait to get started.

    love u...mg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know I love reading about your life :) your blog is so cute! Thanks for a wonderful hangout time today..I love getting to spend girl time with you!

    ReplyDelete