FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hair Help!

I absolutely love beauty products...Make-up, body lotions, perfumes, brushes, gels, creams, exfoliators, masks...you name it...I've tried it!   Yesterday, as I was cleaning my bathroom I was reminded of my ridiculous collection of hair products.  I'm convinced that I have bought, tried, researched, or at least thought about buying more hair products than anyone I know!  When you have curly, frizzy, crazy hair like me you want to believe that there is something out there that will give you shiny, bouncy, non frizzy curls; and a product that will give you straight, silky, glistening hair when you want to style your  hair straight.  It is  imperative that I am stocked with plenty of products to combat any type of weather...especially now that I live in the ever evolving conditions of Dirty Jersey.  My huz is part to blame for my hp collection because he loves for me to change up my hair style.  So, in part I am doing it for him!!  Okay Okay-that is a bit of a stretch, but I do like to look good for my Nator!  
With a degree in marketing , I am continually amazed by the way I buy into the marketing schemes.   A few days ago I bought a product called Curly Sexy Hair desperately hoping it would be that magic wand product I have always dreamed of...just hop out of the shower, towel dry my hair, and let the product work it's magic.  After waking up yesterday and trying the "curly sexy hair" product, I was tempted to take out a black marker cross out "sexy" and write "Frizzy Tangled Mess"  on the bottle. Someone at work even told me I look tired.  All I could say is "thanks"(definitely got 7+ hours of sleep..thank you very much!).  I immediately pulled out my mirror to find that my hair  looked like wet dog hair .  I mean, what are you supposed to say when someone says you look tired.    They might as well have said that you're lookin gross today-because telling someone they look tired is never a good thing.  Another guy at work walked by my desk and gave me an odd glance and said (or asked...I couldn't really tell if he was asking or telling me) "new hair do.?".  I never quite know how to respond to those half question half comments either...Maybe, I am just defensive because all I acquired from this "sexy product" was odd glances,  a rude comment, and a tangled mess.   All I wanted was beautiful sexy curly hair and a few compliments!  Oh well, I guess the quest continues.   In the near future I plan on organizing my bathroom and chunkin some of these BAD BAD LIAR  products out the window.  If you have curly or frizzy hair stay tuned because soon I'll be posting the scoop on  my favorite hair products and any other beauty products I can't live without. 

4 comments:

  1. LOLLOLLOLLOL....................HIlarious!!!! I can testify to this , I have seen the product drawer. Lov u ...mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny! I didn't think your hair looked bad! and yeah with this humidity I have about given up!! I am totally excited to hear what products do work b/c you always look so cute! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA! This is hilarious! I have totally been there done that too. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mallory! How great that you have a blog, I will so enjoy keeping up with you.

    Love your post about your hair products, my SIL also has that crazy, wonderful and challenging curly hair and she is constantly looking for and purchasing new products. It is baffling to me as I use suave shampoo/conditioner and rave mousse (I don't even know how to spell that word). Anyway, when you do post on your fav products I will have to direct Beth your way.

    ReplyDelete