FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Friday, September 4, 2009

Three Powerful Words


"I have news!"

It's funny how powerful these 3 words can be. There are no three words my family likes to hear more than, "I have news!".....but of course they have to be followed with an exclamation mark and be said with excitement. For each person in my immediate family there comes a different response.

For my mom, it is completely dependent on the stage of life she is in. In the current season if I tell her "I have news!", she immediately hopes that I have news that I am expecting a baby, and that she will be a grandma! She has been hoping to hear those words since the day I got married. She is always so much fun to give news to because she gets so excited for others.

It is hilarious the way my brother, Ranger responds if I am going to tell him "I have news". No one gets a bigger smile on their face with those three words than he does. When we were younger (the teen years) I would be all snuggled up in bed ready to go to sleep, and my brother would come walking in my room, sit on my bed and ask me if I had any news. He loves news, any kind of news; but he especially loves news involving him! But, then again who doesn't love good news about themselves! We would stay up late discussing all sorts of juicy gossip we had learned at school. It was always so much fun! Having news for my brother was always a wonderful thing. It meant I could secure a spot as being the cool little sister with him and his older friends! Even now that we are older, and we live in different states , those three little words still are as magical as ever. My brother is a busy guy, and can be hard to contact. However, if I leave him a message saying, "I have news!", I always get an immediate response. It's a genius trick!

My younger brother Lil (my brother Zack's nickname) loves news as well. If I tell Lil "I have news!", he is sooo excited and immediately wants to know. He is the ultimate cheerleader for people with good news. He is also like my older brother and I, and loves to hear good news about himself! If I leave him a message saying, "I have news", he will always be the one that calls back fastest..He will simply call and say, "What Gator!!!?" (gator is the name my family and some friends call me) He is really animated & cute when he gets excited.

My husband is so sweet. When I tell him I have news, his eyes light up, and he immediately hopes something really good happened to me. Or he hopes I am telling him that I made yummy munchies for dinner. After he hears the good news he does his little "nator dance".

My dad always responded a little differently. Growing up News to him was more like an event. Everyone, needed to be gathered around, with no interruptions. If I told him, "I have news" when he got home from work, he would want to get changed out of his work clothes and wait until we were gathered around the dinner table, so he could enjoy the anticipated news he was about to hear.

There is really no point to all of these ramblings, it is just a random realization I had!

4 comments:

  1. Sooo true!!!! You have us pegged! Praying for some good news...lov u...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy, MG...I'll let you know when we start trying!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS IS AWESOME! I love the rambling! The Ewings are a wonderful FAMILY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! that is so true and I enjoy hearing more about your family :) did you get your new phone? Miss u!

    ReplyDelete